Lynn rekindled her passion for writing after going through a career crisis at the beginning of 2011. She started writing stories and felt a passion and excitement that had long been missing from her professional life.
She saw the initial process as a way of allowing herself the chance to practice, because while she had been an avid blogger for a couple of years, fiction writing was not something she had much experience in, and so she started exploring different kinds of writing, which then led her to start looking for competitions and submission requests.
Since September 2011 she has won two competitions, come second in another and has had a short story and flash fiction story accepted for publication.
Ultimately, Lynn wants to be able to carve herself a career in writing and publishing.
“Thanks so much for taking the time to write us a story, I was really touched by it.” Malcolm Hamilton, Bookshop Stories.
“We are so pleased you entered our Summer Loving competition. The Cod Couple was a worthy winner & stood out from the others.” Andrew Campbell-Kearsay, Brighton Cow.
“Well done with the competition win – the most striking entry in a very good batch.” Kay Green, Earlyworks Press.
Awards & Achievements
- Joint winner of Brighton Cow Summer Loving Short Story Competition 2011 with The Cod Couple.
- Winner of Earlyworks Press Memoirs and Journalism Competition 2011 with The Zombie Robot.
- Second Prize in Author Essentials Winter Short Story Competition 2011 with While His Soul Gently Weeps
- Short story Warts and All published in Duality 5
- Flash fiction story Glitter published with Ether Books mobile publishing
- Review of Islay Book Festival 2011 for Northings
- Review of Art Exhibition for Northings
- Factual story Tickly Tummy published with Bookshop Stories
- Poem To Stand and Stare published with Firebird Poetry
- 75 word paragraph I’m Inadequately Dressed… published with Paragraph Planet
- Self published online travel blog
BA with First Class Honours in Performance
PG Cert in Creative Media Practice
Official contributor for the Highlands & Islands Arts website, Northings.
Previously employed in the role of demonstrator and student support at the University of the West of Scotland, supporting and assisting students with academic writing.
Previously involved in the writing of various short scripts, both film and theatre, including a short theatre script for National Theatre of Scotland’s Five Minute Theatre Festival.